A SWISSmediscan thread-lift, also known as feather lift surgery, is a delicate cosmetic surgery procedure to gently lift sagging facial skin to produce a smoother, more youthful appearance. If gravity has started to take its toll on your face, a thread lift may be a less invasive alternative to a face lift to rejuvenate the face without the risks and downtime associated with surgery. The thread-lift procedure involves very fine surgical sutures being inserted in to the soft tissue of the face to lift and support sagging areas. It cannot offer the same results as a full face lift but is a good option for a subtler rejuvenation.
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR SWISSMEDISCAN THREAD LIFT PROCEDURE?
Suitable candidates for thread-lift surgery are normally women and men aged 35 to 65 who want a more effective and permanent facial lifting effect than fillers and Botox alone can provide, but who do not want or are not ready for a full surgical cosmetic procedure such as a face-lift or brow-lift.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CONCERNS, YOU MAY BE A CANDIDATE FOR A THREAD-LIFT:
- Moderate sagging and laxity of the skin in the cheeks, eyebrows, eyes, jowls and neck.
- Effects of a previous facelift or neck lift are wearing off
- Younger patients with cheek and brow sagging caused by weakened muscles (ptosis)
- Patients with realistic expectations for the outcome of their thread-lift surgery
Unsuitable candidates for thread – lift surgery include:
- Patients with very thin, fragile, and slack skin caused by the aging process
- Patients with heavy jowls and pronounced sagging in the facial area
- Patients with little facial fat
- Patients who do not have realistic expectations of the thread – Lift procedure